According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics this year, 2015, millennials will become the workforce's new majority, and by 2030, this group will represent 75% of the workforce.
Although millennials are becoming a dynamic component of the labor force, companies are having difficulty bringing them on board and keeping them pleased for long-term. According to a recent Elance-o Desk and Millennial Branding survey, more than 50% of surveyed Generation X hiring managers stated that they are struggling to find and retain millennial talent.
A recent Inc. article outlined five “resolutions” businesses can implement to address this new hiring surge:
- Forego the traditional paper applications and implement a more dynamic and pleasant way to apply to your company
- Embrace social recruitment by attracting candidates to your website and social media outlet(s). Also, referrals from current employees provide a great source for candidates, too.
- Go mobile to ensure that your job postings are optimized for candidate that are constantly on the go.
- Make hiring a team sport because it is imperative that your current employees mesh well with their future co-worker/teammate for the overall success of the company.
- Approach hiring in ways similar to marketing campaigns due to the competitive nature of recruitment this year by selling your company and it’s values to the applicable candidates.
Click here to learn more.